2018 was a busy year for the STA Women in Finance initiative. In March, we held the 2nd Annual Ken Heath Award event in Chicago, where TD Ameritrade Managing Director Lee McAdoo presented an inspiring keynote.
In October, we hosted the 3rd Annual STA Women in Finance Symposiumin Washington DC. Morgan Stanley Managing Director Tracy Castle-Newmanhad a lively discussion with an engaged audience of more than 200 women and men.
STA’s Annual Market Structure Conference had a diverse line-up with approximately 30% women speakers and panelists. #PutHerOnThePanel
As look towards a new year we’re pleased to announce that the STA WIF initiative will be led by the committee’s Co-Chairs Kate McAllister, ITG and Julie Andress, Keybanc . The priorities for 2019, will continue to uphold the Guiding Principles set forth back in 2015 when this initiative was first created, in particular:
- Work in partnership with those STA affiliates with diversity programs.
- Address the mentoring, networking, education and coaching needs of women.
- Engage men; gender diversity strategies that engage men achieve meaningful results.
- Incorporate STA WIF into STA core actions: newsletter, events, panels and Open Calls.
- Promote networking and educational events across the industry without prejudice.
A heartfelt thank you to Jodie Mrotek who was instrumental in this important effort. We wish Jodie the best in her new endeavors.
We wish everyone a healthy and prosperous 2019, and look forward to another great year for STA Women in Finance!
See January Newsletter here