Security Traders Association (STA) is a grassroots organization comprised of 24 Affiliates in the U.S. and Canada. STA members represent individuals employed in the financial services industry across varying business models. STA educates its members on market structure issues while representing their interests with legislators, regulators and other industry associations. STA events keep attendees informed on industry trends and provide unique networking opportunities, which contribute to career development and productivity. STA is committed to promoting goodwill and fostering high standards of integrity in accord with its founding principle, dictum meum pactum, my word is my bond.
Click here to learn more.
The STA Difference
Our industry knowledge is our strength.
All of STA’s 24 Affiliate organizations are run by individuals who work in the financial services industry. Their day-to-day contact ensures that STA remains in touch on the most relevant issues impacting the U.S. securities markets.
Diverse business models.
STA members come from a wide range of firms with varying business models. This diversity ensures that the opinions of the STA organization are well vetted.
STA’s network of 24 Affiliates is what makes it a true “grassroots” association with long-standing relationships in Washington DC.
We believe in individuals and that relationships still matter.
Individuals and relationships need to exist in order for changes in the financial services industry to yield benefits and efficiencies to investors.
What does STA do?
- Provide updates on the most relevant events in Washington DC (From the Hill)
- Meet regularly with Congressional and regulatory staff (Talking Points)
- Issue communiqués on industry news and thought provoking articles (STA News)
- Host content-rich events that provide networking opportunities (Events Calendar)
- Organize diverse committees for input on regulatory issues (Comment Letters)