Given the STA’s unique makeup of industry practitioners, the STA WIF committee is positioned to gather women from diverse business models to identify issues of most relevance and deliver expertise through the committee’s subject matter experts to the financial services industry .
The Security Traders Association of Women in Finance supports and co-markets with other affiliate women’s organizations within the finance community. Together we create a stronger presence, promote membership amongst all organizations, and establish a platform for women in finance. We are leveraging the established network, resources, and values of the Securities Traders Association to foster and create a culture of inclusion for women in finance.
- Designed under the premise that there has not been a better time for women in finance.
- Should work in partnership with those STA affiliates with diversity programs
- Needs to address the mentoring, networking, education and coaching needs of women.
- Address the additional unique career development needs of minority women.
- Action items should consider the male perspective where appropriate.
- Incorporate STA WIF into existing STA initiatives: Monthly newsletter, Events Calendar, Website, Conferences and Open Calls.
- STA WIF Committee should be organized similar to the existing STA Advisory Committees.
- Promote networking and educational events across the industry without prejudice.
- Be a data center which provides reports on the value add diversity brings to firms and a list of women thought leaders who can serve as panelists and/or speakers at STA events,
- Provide a national distribution platform which fosters robust education on career development and awareness of networking events.
Organize Networking and Educational Events
- STA WIF should organize a minimum number of educational and networking events in 2016 which include, but will not be limited to; Open Calls, General Announcements and in person STA WIF symposiums/workshops.