Join Us for an Evening of Recognition & Education
Gender Diversity: Including Men in the Conversation
Corporations that engage men in their gender diversity strategies achieve better results. Unfortunately, most gender diversity strategies focus on women-only initiatives or workplace harassment training. A successful diversity strategy is a culture shift within the entire organization.
Please Join Us
For a program that will uncover the value that gender diversity brings to individual career development and corporate success. Learn from experts and colleagues who will share their personal experiences.
Boston Women Connect
The Boston STA Women in Finance initiative held a well attended post-holiday event at the Bostonia Public House. Representation from both the Boston and New York Affiliates provided for fantastic networking. A special thank you to Stephanie Minister of ITG, Inc. for organizing it!
STA WIF Partners with Family of Former Industry Publisher to Establish Ken Heath Award
The Security Traders Association Women in Finance Committee, “STA WIF” announced that it has partnered with the family of longtime Traders Magazine publisher to promote the Ken Heath Award, which in Ken’s memory is intended to honor those men who make a notable contribution to the advancement of women in finance.
The STA Women in Finance Newsletter
The STA Women in Finance initiative sends our a bi-monthly newsletter on topics relevant to women professionals, specifically in the financial services sector. Read the latest issue or peruse our archive to read up on STA WIF topics:
Subscribe to STA WIF News
Given the STA’s unique makeup of industry practitioners, the STA WIF committee is positioned to gather women from diverse business models to identify issues of most relevance and deliver expertise through the committee’s subject matter experts to the financial services industry .
The Security Traders Association of Women in Finance supports and co-markets with other affiliate women’s organizations within the finance community. Together we create a stronger presence, promote membership amongst all organizations, and establish a platform for women in finance. We are leveraging the established network, resources, and values of the Securities Traders Association to foster and create a culture of inclusion for women in finance.
- Designed under the premise that there has not been a better time for women in finance.
- Should work in partnership with those STA affiliates with diversity programs
- Needs to address the mentoring, networking, education and coaching needs of women.
- Address the additional unique career development needs of minority women.
- Action items should consider the male perspective where appropriate.
- Incorporate STA WIF into existing STA initiatives: Monthly newsletter, Events Calendar, Website, Conferences and Open Calls.
- STA WIF Committee should be organized similar to the existing STA Advisory Committees.
- Promote networking and educational events across the industry without prejudice.
- Be a data center which provides reports on the value add diversity brings to firms and a list of women thought leaders who can serve as panelists and/or speakers at STA events,
- Provide a national distribution platform which fosters robust education on career development and awareness of networking events.
Organize Networking and Educational Events
- STA WIF should organize a minimum number of educational and networking events in 2016 which include, but will not be limited to; Open Calls, General Announcements and in person STA WIF symposiums/workshops.