About STA WIF
STA WIF is a committee that operates under the Security Traders Association (STA). The STA WIF Committee is comprised of members who serve at the national level of STA WIF along with representatives from those STA Affiliates that maintain a Women in Finance initiative. Given STA’s long history and unique makeup of industry practitioners, STA WIF is well positioned to gather women of all seniority to assist in fulfilling its Mission Statement and Core Actions.
STA Women in Finance assists in the unique career development needs of women in the securities industry. STA WIF leverages the established network, resources and values of STA to foster and create a culture of inclusion for women. STA WIF supports and co-markets with other women’s organizations within the industry to create a stronger presence and more networking opportunities.
- Designed under the premise that there has not been a better time for women in finance.
- Work in partnership with those STA affiliates with diversity programs.
- Address the mentoring, networking, education and coaching needs of women.
- Address the additional unique career development needs of minority women.
- Engage men; gender diversity strategies that engage men achieve meaningful results.
- Incorporate STA WIF into STA core actions: newsletter, events, panels and Open Calls.
- Organize STA WIF Committee similar to existing STA Committees.
- Promote networking and educational events across the industry without prejudice.
- Be a data center that provides reports on the value add diversity brings to firms and a list of women thought leaders who can serve as panelists and/or speakers at STA events.
- Provide a national distribution platform that promotes networking events and women’s participation as subject matter experts. #PutHerOnThePanel
Organize Networking & Educational Events
- STA WIF should organize a minimum number of educational and networking events at the national level each year that include the Ken Heath Award Event, which recognizes those men who contribute to the advancement of women in finance and the STA Women in Finance Symposium, held as part of STA’s Annual Market Structure Conference.