San Francisco STA
San Francisco STA continues to diversify their charitable efforts and carefully evaluates each charity to include the following criteria:
- The impact the organization being considered will have on their community of equity traders.
- The impact the organization will have on local communities.
- The level of direct volunteer participation.
- The significance the charitable work and donations will have on each charitable organization.
In 2018 STA San Francisco raised donations for 13 charities and hosted 6 events that allowed its members either hands-on volunteer opportunities or attendance at a social event that solicited donations. The 13 charities supported by STA San Francisco in 2018 are:
- Alive & Free (formerly Omega Boys Club)
- Alternatives in Action
- Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco
- Build My Heart Foundation
- Community Violence Solutions
- E.C. Inc. ~ Recreation, Education & Community
- SF Food Bank
- SFSTA – Families in Crisis Fund
- San Francisco Fire Fighters Toy Program
- Special Olympics Northern California
- Anthony Foundation
- Susan G. Komen For the Cure – San Francisco Bay Area