By Ryan Kwiatkowski, StoneX
We always strive to stock the program at our annual conference with as much worthwhile content as possible, and this year is no exception. In our latest update, we shared that our Friday program will feature a roundtable with a distinguished group of experts to discuss an extremely timely issue: the SEC’s proposed rules on predictive data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
After years of discussion and predictions, AI is at last beginning to be deployed across the financial services industry. The SEC has proposed an expansive new rule to address potential conflicts of interest associated with broker-dealer and investment advisor use of technology to interact with investors. Our roundtable participants will examine this topic from all angles.
The discussion will feature the following industry veterans, all of whom bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in enacting or navigating market structure regulation:
- Manisha Kimmel, Head of Strategic Planning, Low Latency Group, LSEG (moderator)
- Matt Billings, VP of Brokerage and President of Robinhood Financial and Robinhood Securities
- Elad Roisman, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Dr. Jim Angel, Associate Professor, Georgetown University
- Jessica Giroux, General Counsel and Head of Fixed Income Policy, American Securities Association
- Brett Redfearn, Founder and CEO, Panorama Financial Markets Advisory
This session will be a genuine roundtable discussion featuring a wide range of perspectives, creating a unique opportunity for attendees to understand the future of AI in financial services. It’s also a testament to our commitment to being responsive to the needs of our members, ensuring the most timely issues are reflected in our program and providing top-notch content from start to finish.
We encourage you to stick around and join us on Friday for what promises to be an enlightening and thought-provoking session. The discussions will be engaging, the insights worthwhile and the connections invaluable. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to better understand the SEC’s proposals on AI in market structure. We look forward to seeing you there!
Read the full newsletter here.