It is an ongoing goal of the STA to strengthen the relationship between STA National and the Affiliate organizations. As with all relationship building, this begins with effective communication and transparency. This Affiliate Resources page was designed under these two guiding principles to serve as a central hub for information useful to Affiliate Boards in running their day-to-day activities. We hope you find this page to be a meaningful resource, and offer suggestions on how it can be improved.
Affiliate President Handbook (About STA: Governance & Committees)
How and when will STA promote my annual conference?
Event Notices – example
- March – Philadelphia, Kansas City, Carolina and Boston (sent)
- May – St Louis, San Francisco, Ohio and Minnesota
- July – Wisconsin, Seattle, Canada, Dallas
- August – Georgia, Connecticut and Denver
#PutHerOnThePanel – example
- STA will promote women panelists in the STA Women in Finance Newsletter under the #PutHerOnThePanel column.
- STA will promote Affiliate events its Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter channels. We encourage Affiliate Board members to like and follow STA on social media.
Besides an annual conference, what else are Affiliates doing?
- Charity (Soup Kitchens, Veterans, Walks/Runs, Clothes Drives, Childrens Hospitals)
- Hockey Outings
- Bowling Leagues
- Educational Breakfasts or Receptions
- Year-End Holiday Parties
- Golf Outings & Top Golf
- Texas Hold ‘Em
- Outdoor Music Events
- Awards/Events for Legacy Members & Past Presidents
- Guest Bartending
- Events in Partnership with Local Colleges or High Schools
- Women in Finance Events
- Events in Partnership with Industry Associations (WILD, CFA and Women in ETFs)
Can STA help me find a speaker or panelist?
- STA maintains several lists of subject matter experts, in particular market structure analysts and women in finance.